Sunday, June 12, 2011

Blade Runner (1982) Director's Cut


Well, I watched this movie for two reasons: 1) I had a discussion over the weekend and was lamenting that I'm in a bit of a dry spell, and the person I was speaking to said I would have to dig into classics I haven't seen. 2) I was heralding my success at watching all of 2001: A Space Odyssey over a Facebook chat, and the person I was speaking to recommended this, and said it was better, etc. So I watched it.

WOW... a bit of a let down. I mean, we have have genres that we like, and we all have genres that we hate. I really think this detective genre is something I'm just not into, even mixed with science fiction. I found this movie slow, and I kept thinking "what's the point, again? Oh, right, find the Replicates." And I'd keep coming back to the same thought pattern, it was quite cyclical.

On the positive side, the special effects where great, and I enjoyed the grungy future earth they showed us.

No comments:

Post a Comment