Saturday, July 2, 2011

Kung Fu Panda 2 (2011)


I keep searching for great kids movies. I'm a big lover of them, and I want stuff to be able to watch with my kids. There's just something in the formula that works for some, and doesn't for others.

Here, Jack Black's voice really threw me off. I know he's this quirky guy with this half smile (or, as I prefer him, the "SPRAWL" guy from The Jackal), and it just felt like there was too much Jack here. As a counter, take Megamind (2010), you know it's Will Ferrel as Megamind, but he pulls it off so well that you entirely forget about who's doing the acting. Maybe that's the competent that this was missing: honest character, and the ability to lose myself in the characters and story.

Cars 2 might be good, but I really wish Pixar would have done an Incredibles 2. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment